IEC 63252:2020 PRV
Pre release version
Energy consumption of vending machines
IEC 63252:2020 defines methods for the measurement of energy consumption of vending machines, whether or not fitted with refrigerating appliances.
The standard applies (but is not limited) to the following categories of machines:
- Refrigerated closed-fronted can and bottle machines where the products are held in stacks
- Refrigerated glass-fronted can and bottle, confectionery and snack machines
- Refrigerated glass-fronted machines entirely for perishable foodstuffs
- Refrigerated dual-temperature glass-fronted machines
- Confectionery and snack machines that are not refrigerated
- Combination machines consisting of two different categories of machine in the same housing and powered by one chiller
The following types of vending machine are excluded from this document:
- drink machines dispensing hot and/or cold drinks into cups;
- machines with a food-heating function;
- vending machines operating at temperatures below 0 °C; or
- any machine including one or more of these compartments.
For verification purposes, it is essential to apply all of the tests specified to a single unit. The tests can also be made individually for the study of a particular characteristic.
This document does not deal with any characteristics of machine design other than energy consumption.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 59 - Performance of household and similar electrical appliancesrss|
|ICS||97.130.20 - Commercial refrigerating appliances
27.015 - Energy efficiency. Energy conservation in general
|File size||2229 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.