IEC 60747-17:2020 PRV
Pre release version
Semiconductor devices - Part 17: Magnetic and capacitive coupler for basic and reinforced insulation
IEC 60747-17:2020 specifies the terminology, essential ratings, characteristics, safety test and the measuring methods of magnetic coupler and capacitive coupler.
It specifies the principles and requirements of insulation and isolation characteristics for magnetic and capacitive couplers for basic insulation and reinforced insulation.
This first edition cancels and replaces IEC PAS 60747-17:2011. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC PAS 60747-17:2011:
- introduced lifetime safety factors for improved life time consideration, to comply with widely recognized aging mechanisms of silicone dioxide (TDDB) and thin film polymer isolation layers;
- significantly improved "end of life testing" paragraph and statistical life time consideration by adding detailed description on process, safety factors, methods of generating data points and respective lifetime interpolations as well as being specific on minimum amount of samples required;
- introduced concept of certification by similarity, including Annex A, giving guidance on qualification considerations and required certification process;
- alternative pulse shape allowed for surge pulse testing, to avoid issues due to surge tester availability;
- various improvements throughout the standard: definitions, for example type of coupler have been improved, introduction of surge impulse VIMP rating, usage of glass transition temperature, pre-conditioning have been redefined for improved usability and better compatibility with today’s design and functionality of couplers, available mold compounds, etc.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.