IEC 61472-2:2020 PRV
Pre release version
Live working - Minimum approach distances - Part 2: Method of determination of the electrical component distance for AC systems from 1,0 kV to 72,5 kV
IEC 61472-2:2020 specifies a method for determining the electrical component of the minimum approach distances for live working, for AC systems 1 kV up to and including 72,5 kV. This document addresses system overvoltages and the working air distances between equipment and/or workers at different potentials.
The withstand voltage and minimum approach distances determined by the method described in this document can be used only if the following working conditions prevail:
- workers are trained for, and skilled in, working live lines or close to live conductors or equipment;
- the operating conditions are adjusted so that the statistical overvoltage does not exceed the value selected for the determination of the required withstand voltage;
- transient overvoltages are the determining overvoltages;
- tool insulation has no continuous film of moisture present on the surface;
- no lightning is observed within 10 km of the work site;
- allowance is made for the effect of the conducting components of tools.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 78 - Live workingrss|
|ICS||13.260 - Protection against electric shock. Live working
29.240.99 - Other equipment related to power transmission and distribution networks
29.260.99 - Other electrical equipment for working in special conditions
|File size||1064 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.