IEC 62841-4-3:2020 PRV
Pre release version
Electric motor-operated hand-held tools, transportable tools and lawn and garden machinery - Safety - Part 4-3: Particular requirements for pedestrian controlled walk-behind lawnmowers
IEC 62841-4-3:2020 This document applies to the design of pedestrian controlled walk-behind
– cylinder lawnmowers; and
– rotary lawnmowers equipped with
– metallic cutting means; and/or
– rigid non-metallic cutting means; and/or
– non-metallic cutting means with one or more cutting elements pivotally mounted on a generally circular drive unit, where these cutting elements rely on centrifugal force to achieve cutting, and have a kinetic energy for each single cutting element of greater than 10 J.
This document does not apply to
– robotic lawnmowers;
– remote-controlled lawnmowers;
– flail mowers or flail-type attachments;
– scissors type lawnmowers;
– grassland mowers;
– sickle bar mowers;
– towed/semi-mounted grass-cutting machines;
– scrub-clearing machines;
– lawn trimmers and lawn edge trimmers;
– lawn edgers;
– grass trimmers;
– brush cutters;
– brush saws;
– agricultural mowers;
– trailing seat/sulky units;
– ride-on machines;
– non-powered lawnmowers;
– combustion engine powered lawnmowers;
– hybrid and fuel cell powered machines and associated charging systems; and
– garden tractors or their attachments.
Robotic lawnmowers are covered by IEC 60335-2-107, and will be covered by a future part of IEC 62841.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.