IEC 62281:2012 Withdrawn
Safety of primary and secondary lithium cells and batteries during transport
- distinction between small and large cell or battery by gross mass rather than by lithium content or Watt-hour rating ("nominal" energy);
- combination of the no mass loss (NM) and no leakage (NL) criteria into one criteria (NL);
- extension of an acceptable mass loss of 0,2 % from 5 g to 75 g mass of a cell or battery;
- reduction of large batteries to be tested under tests T-1 to T-5 and T-8 from 4 to 2 samples;
- reduction of test samples required for small battery assemblies (5.2.2);
- reduction of the vibration amplitude to 2 g for large batteries in T-3 vibration test method;
- replacement of the impact test by the crush test for prismatic, pouch, button, and coin cells as well as cylindrical cells with no more than 20 mm in diameter. Keywords: safety during transportion, primary and secondary (rechargeable) lithium cells and batteries
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.