IEC 61228:2020 PRV
Pre release version
Fluorescent ultraviolet lamps used for tanning - Measurement and specification method
IEC 61228:2020(E) describes the method of measuring, evaluating and specifying the UV irradiation characteristics of fluorescent ultraviolet lamps that are used in appliances for tanning purposes. It includes specific requirements regarding the marking of such lamps.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2008. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- maintenance code: description of the depreciation of the UV irradiance lamp during operation;
- operating position: information added for single capped lamps;
- spectroradiometric measuring system: new information about distance between sensor and lamp axis;
- measurement and evaluation procedure: separated detailed information for double capped fluorescent UV lamps and single capped fluorescent UV lamps;
- Annex C (normative), Method of test for irradiance maintenance: new information added;
- Annex D (normative), Reflector gauge: new information added;
- Annex E (normative), Lamp datasheets for measurement: complementary information added.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 34/SC 34A - Electric light sourcesrss|
|ICS||17.240 - Radiation measurements
29.140.01 - Lamps in general
97.170 - Body care equipment
|File size||1285 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.