IEC 60335-2-115:2020 PRV
Pre release version
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-115: Particular requirements for skin beauty care appliances
IEC 60335-2-115:2020 deals with the safety of electric appliances for skin beauty care of persons and intended for household, commercial and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
Dual supply appliances, either mains-supplied or battery-operated, are regarded as battery-operated appliances when operated in the battery mode.
Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are
– battery-operated appliances and other DC supplied appliances for beauty care;
– appliances with high frequency outputs including equipment for heat-producing effects on the skin;
– appliances with medium frequency outputs including interferential outputs, for skin stimulation or muscle stimulation;
– appliances with low frequency outputs (e.g. faradic currents) for application such as skin stimulation or muscle stimulation;
– appliances with extra-low voltage DC outputs (e.g. galvanic currents), such as electro-epilation (hair removal);
– skin beauty care appliances with ultrasonic outputs;
– appliances having vacuum-pressure functions;
– skin beauty care appliances for melting wax;
– appliances intended to produce surface cooling effect on the skin;
– facial cleaning appliances;
– micro-needling appliances;
– plasma pens.
Appliances covered by this standard can incorporate vapour-producing devices or spray-producing devices.
This standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons. However, in general, it does not take into account
– persons (including children) whose physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
– children playing with the appliance.
Attention is drawn to the fact that
– it is recognized that persons having very extensive and complex disabilities can have needs beyond the level addressed in this standard.
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
– in many countries, additional requirements can be specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to
– appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
– shavers, hair clippers and similar appliances (IEC 60335-2-8);
– blankets, pads, clothing and similar flexible heating appliances (IEC 60335-2-17);
– appliances for skin or hair care such as facial saunas, hand dryers, foot care appliances (IEC 60335-2-23);
– spray tanning appliances;
– appliances for skin exposure to optical radiation (IEC 60335-2-27);
– sauna heating appliances and infrared cabins (IEC 60335-2-53);
– cosmetic and beauty care appliances incorporating lasers and intense light sources (IEC 60335-2-113);
– appliances intended for medical purposes (IEC 60601);
– radio frequency appliances without contact to the skin;
– ultrasound appliances provided with focusing ultrasound transducers.
This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the fifth edition of IEC 60335-1:2010 and its amendments.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliancesrss|
|ICS||13.120 - Domestic safety
97.170 - Body care equipment
|File size||2536 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.