IEC 60974-1:2021 PRV
Pre release version
Arc welding equipment - Part 1: Welding power sources
IEC 60974-1:2021 is applicable to power sources for arc welding and allied processes designed for industrial and professional use, and supplied by a voltage not exceeding 1 000 V, battery supplied or driven by mechanical means.
This document specifies safety and performance requirements of welding power sources and plasma cutting systems.
This sixth edition cancels and replaces the fifth edition published in 2017 and Amendment 1:2019. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Table 1 with an alphabetical cross-reference listing of terms added;
- clearance and creepage distance reference document changed to IEC 60664-1:2020;
- 6.1.2 and 6.1.3 modified to follow IEC 60664-1 basic insulation dimensioning for mains supply with rationalized voltages;
- abnormal capacitor test of 6.2.2 moved to new Subclause 9.5;
- 6.2.5 and 6.3.6 modified to use touch current measuring network weighted for letgo-immobilization and supply voltage tolerance requirement added;
- 16.3 new structure and accuracy requirement for displayed voltage value ;
- Annex A changed to normative and Table A.2 and Table A.3 added;
- Annex L editorial update to standardized symbols;
- redraft of efficiency and idle state power measurement in Annex M based on IEC 62301:2011;
- Annex N measurement network weighted for letgo-immobilization added.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.