IEC 63173-1:2021 PRV
Pre release version
Maritime navigation and radiocommunication equipment and systems - Data interfaces - Part 1: S-421 route plan based on S-100
IEC 63173-1:2021 The voyage plan is a key element of a vessel's voyage and can be used to optimize safety and processes, as well as for the interaction of participants and stakeholders.
The core element of the voyage plan is the route.
The exchange of routes (whether it be between ship-to-ship, ship-to-shore or shore-to-shore) may improve
– situational awareness,
– reduction in the number of accidents and incidents (by proactively de-conflicting routes),
– resource utilization by knowing the intentions of other actors,
– secured passages by knowing the intentions of other actors,
– predictability of arrivals and departures by early information sharing,
– planning for involved actors leading to reduced idle time for resources, and
– just-in-time operations by enabling stakeholders and service providers to be efficiently organized for handling vessel movements, port resources, and hinterland connections.
IEC 63173-1:2021 document has been registered with the IHO S-100 registry as product specification S-421. A S 100 product specification is a description of the features, attributes and relationships of an application and their mapping to a dataset. It is a complete description of all the elements required to define a particular geographic data product.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 80 - Maritime navigation and radiocommunication equipment and systemsrss|
|ICS||47.020.70 - Navigation and control equipment|
|File size||8360 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.