Software and systems engineering - Methods and tools for the feature-based approach to software and systems product line engineering
- provides the terms and definitions specific to feature-based PLE;
- defines how feature-based PLE is a specialization within the general ISO/IEC 26550 reference model for product line engineering and management;
- defines a reference model for the overall structure and processes of feature-based PLE and describes how the elements of the reference model fit together;
- defines interrelationships and methods for applying the elements and tools of the product line reference model;
- defines required and supporting tool capabilities.
In this document, products of feature-based PLE include digital work products that support the engineering of a system. Some of the artefacts are actually part of the delivered products, while other artefacts can be non-deliverable, such as physical or digital design models.
The intended audience for this document comprises:
- technology providers who wish to provide automated tool support for the reference model and processes described in this document;
- champions within an organization who wish to introduce feature-based PLE throughout that organization;
- IT staff within a PLE organization who will introduce and maintain the necessary technology to support feature-based PLE;
- practitioner stakeholders who will use the provided technology to practice feature-based PLE;
- technical and business managers who will sponsor and direct the methods necessary to practice feature-based PLE;
- university professors, researchers, corporate trainers, and other educators who will create and share pedagogical materials about feature-based PLE and its benefits.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 - Software and systems engineeringrss|
|ICS||35.080 - Software|
|File size||13594 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.