Industrial communication networks - High availability automation networks - Part 1: General concepts and calculation methods
Note: a more recent version of this publication exists
IEC 62439-1:2010+AMD1:2012+AMD2:2016 CSV
- the common elements and definitions for other parts of the IEC 62439 series;
- the conformance test specification (normative);
- a classification scheme for network characteristics (informative);
- a methodology for estimating network availability (informative);
- the configuration rules, calculation and measurement method for a deterministic recovery time in RSTP. This standard cancels and replaces IEC 62439 published in 2008 and constitutes a technical revision. It includes the following changes:
- a new calculation method for RSTP (rapid spanning tree protocol, IEEE 802.1Q),
- two new redundancy protocols: HSR (High-availability Seamless Redundancy) and DRP (Distributed Redundancy Protocol),
- a new method to calculate the maximum recovery time of RSTP in a restricted configuration (ring) to IEC 62439-1 as Clause 8, new specifications of the HSR (High-availability Seamless Redundancy) protocol, which shares the principles of PRP to IEC 62439-3 as Clause 5, and
- introduces the DRP protocol as IEC 62439-6. This bilingual version (2013-07) corresponds to the monolingual English version, published in 2010-02.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, English/French|
|TC/SC||TC 65/SC 65C - Industrial networksrss|
|ICS||25.040.40 - Industrial process measurement and control|
35.100.05 - Multilayer applications
|File size||1996 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.