Industrial communication networks - High availability automation networks - Part 4: Cross-network Redundancy Protocol (CRP)
AbstractIEC 62439-4:2010 is applicable to high-availability automation networks based on the ISO/IEC 8802-3 (IEEE 802.3) (Ethernet) technology. It specifies a redundancy protocol that is based on the duplication of the network, the redundancy protocol being executed within the end nodes, as opposed to a redundancy protocol built in the switches. The switchover decision is taken in each node individually. The cross-network connection capability enables single attached end nodes to be connected on either of the two networks. It cancels and replaces IEC 62439 published in 2008 and constitutes a technical revision. It includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC 62439 (2008):
- adding a calculation method for RSTP (rapid spanning tree protocol, IEEE 802.1Q),
- adding two new redundancy protocols: HSR (High-availability Seamless Redundancy) and DRP (Distributed Redundancy Protocol),
- moving former Clauses 1 to 4 (introduction, definitions, general aspects) and the Annexes (taxonomy, availability calculation) to IEC 62439-1, which serves now as a base for the other documents,
- moving Clause 5 (MRP) to IEC 62439-2 with minor editorial changes,
- moving Clause 6 (PRP) was to IEC 62439-3 with minor editorial changes,
- moving Clause 7 (CRP) was to IEC 62439-4 with minor editorial changes, and
- moving Clause 8 (BRP) was to IEC 62439-5 with minor editorial changes,
- adding a method to calculate the maximum recovery time of RSTP in a restricted configuration (ring) to IEC 62439-1 as Clause 8,
- adding specifications of the HSR (High-availability Seamless Redundancy) protocol, which shares the principles of PRP to IEC 62439-3 as Clause 5, and
- introducing the DRP protocol as IEC 62439-6.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 62439-1:2010.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, English/French|
|TC/SC||TC 65/SC 65C - Industrial networksrss|
|ICS||25.040.40 - Industrial process measurement and control|
35.100.05 - Multilayer applications
|File size||1513 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.