Industrial communication networks - High availability automation networks - Part 4: Cross-network Redundancy Protocol (CRP)
- adding a calculation method for RSTP (rapid spanning tree protocol, IEEE 802.1Q),
- adding two new redundancy protocols: HSR (High-availability Seamless Redundancy) and DRP (Distributed Redundancy Protocol),
- moving former Clauses 1 to 4 (introduction, definitions, general aspects) and the Annexes (taxonomy, availability calculation) to IEC 62439-1, which serves now as a base for the other documents,
- moving Clause 5 (MRP) to IEC 62439-2 with minor editorial changes,
- moving Clause 6 (PRP) was to IEC 62439-3 with minor editorial changes,
- moving Clause 7 (CRP) was to IEC 62439-4 with minor editorial changes, and
- moving Clause 8 (BRP) was to IEC 62439-5 with minor editorial changes,
- adding a method to calculate the maximum recovery time of RSTP in a restricted configuration (ring) to IEC 62439-1 as Clause 8,
- adding specifications of the HSR (High-availability Seamless Redundancy) protocol, which shares the principles of PRP to IEC 62439-3 as Clause 5, and
- introducing the DRP protocol as IEC 62439-6.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 62439-1:2010.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, English/French|
|TC/SC||TC 65/SC 65C - Industrial networksrss|
|ICS||25.040.40 - Industrial process measurement and control|
35.100.05 - Multilayer applications
|File size||1513 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.