IEC 62439-3:2021 PRV
Pre release version
Industrial communication networks - High availability automation networks - Part 3: Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP) and High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR)
IEC 62439-3:2021 The IEC 62439 series is applicable to high-availability automation networks based on the Ethernet technology.
The IEC 62439-3:2021 (EN) document:
• specifies PRP and HSR as two related redundancy protocols designed to provide seamless recovery in case of single failure of an inter-bridge link or bridge in the network, which are based on the same scheme: parallel transmission of duplicated information;
• specifies the operation of the precision time protocol (PTP) in networks that implement the two redundancy protocols (Annex A);
• specifies PTP profiles with performance suitable for power utilty automation (Annex B) and industrial automation (Annex C);
• includes for better understanding a tutorial (Annex D) on the PTP features effectively used in high-availability automation networks;
• includes a management information base for PTP (Annex E);
• defines a conformance test suite for the above protocols (Annex F).
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 65/SC 65C - Industrial networksrss|
|ICS||25.040.40 - Industrial process measurement and control|
35.100.05 - Multilayer applications
|File size||13746 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.