IEC 60335-2-44:2021 RLV
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-44: Particular requirements for ironers
IEC 60335-2-44:2021 deals with the safety of electric ironers for both commercial and household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances. Appliances not intended for normal household, but which nevertheless can be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard. Examples of appliances within the scope of this standard are:
– ironing presses for one-person operation;
– rotary ironers for one-person operation;
– trouser presses.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account:
– persons (including children) whose physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
– children playing with the appliance.
Attention is drawn to the fact that:
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
– in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to:
– rotary ironers for operation by more than one person. The roller length of such appliances normally exceeds 1,6 m in length;
– appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
– electric irons (IEC 60335-2-3);
– battery-operated appliances.
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2002, Amendment 1:2008 and Amendment 2:2011. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the text has been aligned with IEC 60335-1:2020;
b) some notes have been converted to normative text (1, 20.1, 22.103);
c) exclusion of battery-operated appliances (Clause 1);
d) introduction of accessible surface temperature limits (Clause 11).
This Part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments unless that edition precludes it; in that case, the latest edition that does not preclude it is used. It was established on the basis of the sixth edition (2020) of that standard.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliancesrss|
|ICS||97.060 - Laundry appliances|
|File size||1529 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.