IEC 60335-2-47:2021 RLV
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-47: Particular requirements for commercial electric boiling pans
IEC 60335-2-47:2021 deals with the safety of electrically operated commercial boiling pans, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral, and 480 V for other appliances. These appliances are not intended for household and similar purposes. They are used for commercial processing of food in areas not open to the public, for example in kitchens of restaurants, canteens, hospitals and in commercial enterprises such as bakeries and butcheries. The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
Attention is drawn to the fact that:
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
– in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities;
– in many countries additional requirements are specified for pressure appliances.
This standard does not apply to:
– appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
– appliances for continuous mass production of food;
– battery-operated appliances.
This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2002, Amendment 1:2008 and Amendment 2:2017. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the text has been aligned with IEC 60335-1:2020;
b) some notes have been converted to normative text, modified or deleted (Clause 1, 7.15, 11.7, 9.101, 10.1, 11.4, 11.7, 19.101, 20.1, 22.101, 22.113, 23.3, 27.2);
c) clarifications to some test specifications have been made (15.1.1, 15.2, 20.1, 22.101, 22.102);
d) exclusion of battery-operated appliances and appliances used in areas open to the public (Clause 1);
This Part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments unless that edition precludes it; in that case, the latest edition that does not preclude it is used. It was established on the basis of the sixth edition (2020) of that standard.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliancesrss|
|ICS||97.040.20 - Cooking ranges, working tables, ovens and similar appliances|
|File size||1586 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.