IEC 61139-2:2022 PRV
Pre release version
Industrial networks - Single-drop digital communication interface - Part 2: Functional safety extensions
IEC 61139-2:2022(E) specifies the extensions to SDCI in IEC 61131-9 for functional safety. This comprises:
• a standardized OSSDe interface for redundant switching signals based on IEC 61131-2,
• minor modifications/extensions to state machines of SDCI to support the safety operations,
• a lean functional safety communication protocol on top of the standard SDCI communication which is a black channel according to IEC 61784-3:2021,
• protocol management functions for configuration, parameterization, and commissioning,
• IODD extensions for functional safety,
• a Device tool interface to support Dedicated Tools according to functional safety standards.
This document does not cover:
• communication interfaces or systems including multi-point or multi-drop linkages,
• communication interfaces or systems including multi-channel or encrypted linkages,
• wireless communication interfaces or systems,
• integration of SDCI-FS into upper-level systems such as fieldbuses/FSCPs.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.