Fixed resistors for use in electronic equipment - Part 2: Sectional specification: Leaded fixed low power film resistors
- it includes test conditions and requirements for lead-free soldering and assessment procedures meeting the requirements of a "zero defect" approach;
- it introduces a product classification based on application requirements;
- it includes an extension of the list of styles and dimensions;
- it includes the use of an extended scope of stability class definitions;
- it includes the extension of the lists of preferred values of ratings;
- it includes test conditions and requirements for lead-free soldering, for periodic overload and for resistance to electrostatic discharge (ESD);
- it includes a new set of severities for a shear test;
- it includes definitions for a test board;
- it includes the replacement of assessment level E and possible others by the sole assessment level EZ, meeting the requirements of a "zero defect" approach;
- it includes an extended endurance test, a flammability test, a temperature rise test, vibration tests, an extended rapid change of temperature test, and a single pulse high-voltage overload test;
- it includes requirements applicable to 0-ohm resistors (jumpers);
- it includes recommendations for the denomination, description, packaging and quality assessment of radial formed styles;
- it includes prescriptions for endurance testing at room temperature, supplementary to the rulings of IEC 60115-1.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 40 - Capacitors and resistors for electronic equipmentrss|
|ICS||31.040.10 - Fixed resistors|
|File size||2228 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.