Fixed resistors for use in electronic equipment - Part 8: Sectional specification - Fixed surface mount resistors
- introduction of a product classification based on application requirements;
- extension of the list of styles and dimensions;
- use of an extended scope of stability class definitions;
- extension of the lists of preferred values of ratings;
- inclusion of test conditions and requirements for lead-free soldering, for periodic overload and for resistance to electrostatic discharge (ESD);
- inclusion of a new set of severities for a shear test;
- inclusion of definitions for a test board;
- replacement of assessment level E and possible others by the sole assessment level EZ, meeting the requirements of a "zero defect" approach;
- inclusion of an extended endurance test, a flammability test, a temperature rise test, vibration tests, an extended rapid change of temperature test, and a single pulse high-voltage overload test;
- inclusion of requirements applicable to 0 ohm resistors (jumpers).
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, English/French|
|TC/SC||TC 40 - Capacitors and resistors for electronic equipmentrss|
|ICS||31.040.10 - Fixed resistors|
|File size||1637 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.