Rotating electrical machines - Part 18-1: Functional evaluation of insulation systems - General guidelines
- provides general guidelines for functional evaluation of different types of windings as before but beyond that for electrical evaluation of windings which are electrically stressed by converter-supply;
- is now focused on general guidelines with all technical details of procedures and qualification principles moved to the subsequent parts;
- details additional general aspects of functional evaluation, particularly the statistical procedure for comparison between reference and candidate insulation systems and the evaluation of minor component or manufacturing changes;
- contains a new acceptance test for verifying the expected production quality level of the insulation systems;
- restricts the classification of insulation systems as a result of the functional evaluation to thermal classification.
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.