Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 1: General requirements
Note: a more recent version of this publication exists
IEC 60335-1:2010+AMD1:2013+AMD2:2016 CSV
- updated the text of the standard to align with the most recent editions of the dated normative references;
- modified the functional safety requirements using programmable electronic circuits including software validation requirements;
- updated Clause 29 to cover insulation requirements subjected to high frequency voltages as in switch mode power supply circuits;
- updated Subclause 30.2 to further align the pre-selection option with the end-product test option;
- deleted some notes and converted many other notes to normative text;
- clarified requirements for class III constructions.
The attention of National Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselves for conducting new or revised tests. It is the recommendation of the committee that the content of this publication be adopted for implementation nationally not earlier than 12 months or later than 36 months from the date of publication. The contents of the corrigenda of July 2010 and April 2011 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliancesrss|
|ICS||13.120 - Domestic safety
97.030 - Domestic electrical appliances in general
|File size||2654 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.