IEC 62196-1:2011 Withdrawn
Plugs, socket-outlets, vehicle connectors and vehicle inlets - Conductive charging of electric vehicles - Part 1: General requirements
- 690 V a.c. 50 Hz - 60 Hz, at a rated current not exceeding 250 A,
- 1 500 V d.c. at a rated current not exceeding 400 A. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2003 and constitutes a technical revision. The main changes from the previous edition are as follows:
- increase in d.c.voltage for accessories;
- permitted use of accessories with vehicles complying with Subclause 220.127.116.11 of 61851-1:2010;
- minor changes to definitions; - additional voltage and current ratings (Clause 5) and test values (Clause 12, 13,);
- removal of markings to identify generic types of vehicle inlets and connectors;
- addition of a "high power d.c." to the type of accessories covered by the Standard;
- modification of the description of "universal" and "basic" interfaces based on changes to 61851-1:2010;
- simplification of the marking requirements (Clause 8);
- additional requirements for accessories with shutters;
- division of Clause 9 to create Clauses 9 and 11;
- Clause 9: specific requirements for inlet, plug and socket-outlet;
- Clause 11: EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment) requirements: the basic generic requirements for charging stations;
- renumbering of annexes.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 23/SC 23H - Plugs, Socket-outlets and Couplers for industrial and similar applications, and for Electric Vehiclesrss|
|ICS||29.120.30 - Plugs, socket-outlets, couplers|
43.120 - Electric road vehicles
|File size||2129 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.