Explosive atmospheres - Part 5: Equipment protection by powder filling "q"
Note: a more recent version of this publication exists
IEC 60079-5:2015+AMD1:2022 CSV
IEC 60079-5:2015 contains specific requirements for the construction, testing and marking of electrical equipment, parts of electrical equipment and Ex components in the type of protection powder filling "q", intended for use in explosive gas atmospheres. This standard supplements and modifies the general requirements of IEC 60079-0. Where a requirement of this standard conflicts with a requirement of IEC 60079-0, the requirement of this standard takes precedence. This standard applies to electrical equipment, parts of electrical equipment and Ex components with:
- a rated supply current less than or equal to 16 A;
- a rated supply voltage less than or equal to 1 000 V;
- a rated power consumption less than or equal to 1 000 W. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition, published in 2007, and constitutes a technical revision. Refer to the Foreword of the document for a complete listing of the technical changes between edition 4.0 and previous edition of the document. Keywords: electrical equipment and Ex components in the type of protection powder filling "q"
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 31 - Equipment for explosive atmospheresrss|
|ICS||29.260.20 - Electrical apparatus for explosive atmospheres|
|File size||1315 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
- Blog post: mitigating risk in explosive atmospheres
- Article: reducing risks in oil and gas transportation
- Article: control dusts and avoid incidents
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.