IEC 61174:2015 RLV
Maritime navigation and radiocommunication equipment and systems - Electronic chart display and information system (ECDIS) - Operational and performance requirements, methods of testing and required test results
IEC 61174:2015(E) specifies the performance requirements, methods of testing and required test results of equipment conforming to performance standards not inferior to those adopted by the IMO in resolution MSC.232(82). This standard is based upon the performance standards of IMO resolution MSC.232(82), and is also associated with IMO resolution A.694(17) and IEC 60945. Reference is made, where appropriate, to IMO resolution MSC.232(82), and all subclauses whose wording is identical to that in the resolution are printed in italics. The requirements of this standard are not intended to prevent the use of new techniques in equipment and systems, provided the facilities offered are not inferior to those stated. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- updated references are provided to IHO publications and test methods are updated to IHO test data sets;
- requirements have been added for display of radar and AIS information;
- new interface requirements have been added for BNWAS, VDR, BAM, MSI, INS and route transfer;
- a requirement for an anchor watch has been added;
- additional test methods are specified for operation of ECDIS beyond the normal range between 85 degrees South latitude and 85 degrees North latitude.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 80 - Maritime navigation and radiocommunication equipment and systemsrss|
|ICS||47.020.70 - Navigation and control equipment|
|File size||5951 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.