Explosive atmospheres - Part 10-1: Classification of areas - Explosive gas atmospheres
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60079-10-1:2015 RLV
- mines susceptible to firedamp;
- the processing and manufacture of explosives;
- catastrophic failures or rare malfunctions which are beyond the concept of abnormality dealt with in this standard (see 3.7.3 and 3.7.4);
- rooms used for medical purposes;
- commercial and industrial applications where only low pressure fuel gas is used for appliances e.g. for cooking, water heating and similar uses, where the installation is compliant with relevant gas codes;
- domestic premises;
- where a hazard may arise due to the presence of combustible dusts or combustible flyings but the principles may be used in assessment of a hybrid mixture (refer also IEC 60079-10-2). This second edition of IEC 60079-10-1 cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 2008, and constitutes a technical revision. The significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition are identified in the Foreward of the document. Keywords: ignition hazards, flammable gas or vapour, risk of explosions
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 31/SC 31J - Classification of hazardous areas and installation requirementsrss|
|ICS||29.260.20 - Electrical apparatus for explosive atmospheres|
|File size||6273 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.