Explosive atmospheres - Part 30-1: Electrical resistance trace heating - General and testing requirements
- the inclusion of a minimum temperature impact test;
- the addition of a mechanical procedure in the thermal stability test;
- the inclusion of a thermal performance test to replace the thermal safety requirements;
- the inclusion of a second procedure utilizing a plate fixture for sheath temperature determination;
- the inclusion of an ultraviolet and condensation test;
- the revision and significant expansion of documentation requirements;
- the addition of Annexes covering requirements for Divisions 1 and 2;
- the addition of a table covering the applicability of requirements from IEC 60079-0;
- the addition of an Annex covering trace heater product design verification methodology (formerly located in IEC 60079-30-2);
- the further harmonization of this edition with several national standards. Please refer to the Foreword of the document for the significance of changes between IEC 60079-30-1, Edition 1.0 (2007) and IEC/IEEE 60079-30-1, Edition 1.0 (2015). Keywords: electric surface heating equipment used in explosive atmospheres, equipment protection levels Gb, Gc, Db, and Dc
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 31 - Equipment for explosive atmospheresrss|
|ICS||29.260.20 - Electrical apparatus for explosive atmospheres|
|File size||5863 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.