IEC TR 61850-90-2:2016
Communication networks and systems for power utility automation - Part 90-2: Using IEC 61850 for communication between substations and control centres
- defines use cases and communication requirements that require an information exchange between substations and control or maintenance centres;
- describes the usage of the configuration language of IEC 61850-6;
- gives guidelines for the selection of communication services and architectures compatible with IEC 61850;
- describes the engineering workflow; introduces the use of a Proxy/Gateway concept;
- describes the links regarding the Specific Communication Service Mapping.
|Publication type||Technical Report|
|TC/SC||TC 57 - Power systems management and associated information exchangerss|
|ICS||33.200 - Telecontrol. Telemetering|
|File size||2623 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
- Blog post: how IEC 61850 standards remain ahead of the game
- Article: digital twins and the smart grid
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.