Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-72: Particular requirements for floor treatment machines with or without traction drive, for commercial use
- public use areas such as hotels, schools, hospitals;
- industrial locations, for example factories and manufacturing shops;
- retail outlets, for example shops and supermarkets;
- businesss premises, for example offices and banks and all uses other than normal housekeeping purposes. They may be equipped with a traction drive system. The following power systems are covered:
- internal combustion engines,
- mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances and
- battery powered motors. Battery powered machines may be equipped with a built-in battery charger. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2012. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition (minor changes are not listed):
- the title has been changed for better distinction with regard to IEC 60335-2-67;
- the scope has been revised editorially to avoid misunderstandings;
- Clause 3 has been revised with regard to the requirements revised;
- the standard has been revised in general and updated regarding state-of-the-art, as far as necessary, in particular some changes have been made to Clauses 15, 22, and 25;
- the markings and instructions (Clause 7) have been revised basically;
- a new Annex DD Emission of acoustical noise was added and a new Annex EE Emission of vibration was added. The attention of National Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselves for conducting new or revised tests. It is the recommendation of the committee that the content of this standard be adopted for implementation nationally not earlier than 12 months or later than 36 months from the date of publication. Key words: Floor treatment machines, Walk-behind machines, powered ride-on machines, Traction drive.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60335-1:2010.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61/SC 61J - Electrical motor-operated cleaning appliances for commercial userss|
|ICS||97.080 - Cleaning appliances|
|File size||1939 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.