Identification cards - Contactless integrated circuit cards - Proximity cards - Part 3: Initialization and anticollision
- polling for proximity cards or objects (PICCs) entering the field of a proximity coupling device (PCD);
- the byte format, the frames and timing used during the initial phase of communication between PCDs and PICCs;
- the initial Request and Answer to Request command content;
- methods to detect and communicate with one PICC among several PICCs (anticollision);
- other parameters required to initialize communications between a PICC and PCD;
- optional means to ease and speed up the selection of one PICC among several PICCs based on application criteria;
- optional capability to allow a device to alternate between the functions of a PICC and a PCD to communicate with a PCD or a PICC, respectively. A device which implements this capability is called a PXD.
Protocol and commands used by higher layers and by applications and which are used after the initial phase are described in ISO/IEC 14443‑4.
This part of ISO/IEC 14443 is applicable to PICCs of Type A and of Type B (as described in ISO/IEC 14443‑2) and PCDs (as described in ISO/IEC 14443‑2) and to PXDs.
NOTE 1 Part of the timing of data communication is defined in ISO/IEC 14443‑2.
NOTE 2 Test methods for this part of ISO/IEC 14443 are defined in ISO/IEC 10373‑6.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 17 - Cards and security devices for personal identificationrss|
|ICS||35.240.15 - Identification cards and related devices|
|File size||5000 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.