IEC 60335-2-69:2016 RLV
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-69: Particular requirements for wet and dry vacuum cleaners, including power brush, for commercial use
IEC 60335-2-69:2016 deals with the safety of electrical motor-operated vacuum cleaners, including back-pack vacuum cleaners, and dust extractors, for wet suction, dry suction, or wet and dry suction, intended for commercial indoor or outdoor use with or without attachments. They may be provided with a blowing or inflating function. It also deals with the safety of centrally-sited vacuum cleaners, excluding the installation of the system. Requirements on the safe installation of centrally-sited vacuum cleaners are not addressed by this standard but need to be taken into account. This standard applies to machines for commercial use. The following list, although not comprehensive, gives an indication of locations that are included in the scope:
- public use areas such as hotels, schools, hospitals;
- industrial locations, for example factories and manufacturing shops;
- retail outlets, for example shops and supermarkets;
- business premises, for example offices and banks and
- all uses other than normal housekeeping purposes. They are not equipped with a traction drive. The following power systems are covered: mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances, and battery powered motors. This standard also applies to machines handling hazardous dust, such as asbestos. This standard does not apply to:
- vacuum cleaners and water-suction cleaning appliances for household use;
- floor treatment machines for commercial use;
- spray extraction machines for commercial use;
- hand-held mains-operated electrical garden blowers, vacuums and blower vacuums;
- hand-held and transportable motor-operated electric tools;
- appliances for medical purposes;
- machines designed for use in corrosive environments;
- machines designed for picking up liquids with a flash point below 55 °C and machines designed for use in explosive environments (dust, vapour or gas), except those designed for use in zone 22. This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2012. It constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes in this edition as compared with the third edition of IEC 60335-2-69 are as follows (minor changes are not listed):
- the scope has been revised editorially to avoid misunderstandings;
- terms and definitions has been revised with regard to the requirements revised;
- the standard has been revised in general and updated regarding state-of-the-art, as far as necessary, in particular some changes have been made to Clauses 15, 22 and 25;
- the standard has been aligned with the newest amendment of IEC 60335-1:2010+A1:2013;
- Annex AA was revised and restructured;
- Annex CC was revised;
- general additions for vacuum cleaners with blowing functions have been introduced and a new Annex GG 'Particular requirements for mobile wet vacuum cleaners for rescue and firefighting services (MWF)' was added. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard. The attention of National Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a
transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselves for conducting new or revised tests. It is the recommendation of the committee that the content of this
publication be adopted for implementation nationally not earlier than 12 months or later than 36 months from the date of its publication.
Key words: Vacuum Cleaner, Commercial Use, Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner, Power Brush
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60335-1:2010.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61/SC 61J - Electrical motor-operated cleaning appliances for commercial userss|
|ICS||97.080 - Cleaning appliances|
|File size||3773 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.