Industrial-process control systems - Instruments with analogue inputs and two- or multi-position outputs - Part 1: Methods for evaluating performance
AbstractIEC 61003-1:2016 is applicable to pneumatic and electric industrial-process instruments or control device using measured values that are continuous signals either a mechanical (position, force, etc.) or a standard electric signal. It is intended to specify uniform terminologies and testing methods for performance evaluation of industrial-process instruments or process control systems modules with analogue measured values and two- or multi-position outputs. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2004. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- use of the term "two-position output" instead of "two-state instrument" (see 3.2);
- use of the term "differential gap" instead of "switching differential" (see 3.4);
- use of "fast transient/burst immunity requirements" instead of "power supply transient overvoltages", and revision of the test method (see 6.2.10);
- deletion of 6.2.12 "common mode interference" and 6.2.13 "normal mode interference (series mode) "tests of the previous edition;
- use of the term "electromagnetic field" instead of "radiated electromagnetic interference", the test method remained the same (see 6.2.16);
- use of the term "dielectric strength" instead of "isolation test", and revision of the reference (see 6.3.4);
- deletion of Subclauses "8.2 Design features", "10.1 Routine maintenance and adjustment" and "10.2 Repair" of the previous edition.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 65/SC 65B - Measurement and control devicesrss|
|ICS||25.040.40 - Industrial process measurement and control|
35.240.50 - IT applications in industry
|File size||1438 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.