Thermocouples - Part 1: EMF specifications and tolerances
- IEC 60584-1:1995 and IEC 60584-2:1982 have been merged;
- the standard is now explicitly based on the reference polynomials which express thermocouple EMF as functions of temperature. The tables derived from the polynomials are given in Annex A;
- inverse polynomials expressing temperature as functions of EMF are given in Annex B, but inverse tables are not given;
- the range of the polynomial relating the EMF of Type K thermocouples is restricted to 1 300 °C;
- values of the Seebeck coefficients are given at intervals of 10 °C;
- thermoelectric data (EMF and Seebeck coefficients) are given at the fixed points of the ITS-90;
- some guidance is given in Annex C regarding the upper temperature limits and environmental conditions of use for each thermocouple type.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 65/SC 65B - Measurement and control devicesrss|
|ICS||17.200.20 - Temperature-measuring instruments|
|File size||3595 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.