IEC TR 62691:2016
Optical fibre cables - Guidelines to the installation of optical fibre cables
- optical ground wire (OPGW) fibre cable;
- optical phase conductor (OPPC) fibre cable;
- optical attached fibre cable (OPAC);
- all dielectric self-supporting (ADSS) optical fibre cable. IEC TR 62263 includes an extensive coverage on recommendations to ensure the safety of personnel and equipment when installing or maintaining these types of optical fibre cables on overhead power lines. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2011. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- more details have been added on cables for lashed applications (transferred from IEC 60794-3-10);
- more details have been added on cables for storm and sanitary sewer applications (transferred from IEC 60794-3-40);
- more details have been added on cables for high pressure gas pipe applications (transferred from IEC 60794-3-50);
- more details have been added on cables for drinking water pipe applications (transferred from IEC 60794-3-60);
- a reference to IEC TR 62263 has been included, concerning optical cables installation on high voltage power lines;
- a revision, and an update when applicable, has been done on the referred documents. Keywords: metropolitan communication networks, underground ducts, trenchless technique, blowing in microducts, aerial installation on poles, lashed aerial in metropolitan networks, direct buried and use of trenches.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.