Marking codes for resistors and capacitors
- introduction of the new code colour pink for the coding of the multiplier 10-3;
- introduction of new subclauses, 3.2 Prescription of code colours, 3.3 Methods for marking resistance value and tolerance, 3.4 Methods for TCR marking, for improved clarity, the subjects of colour assignment, coding of R value and tolerance, and coding of TCR is dealt with in separate clauses;
- inclusion of illustrations for TCR marking by interrupted colour band;
- inclusion of a new subclause on a fixed length code marking, fixed length code marking of resistance values with up to 3 significant digits, hence a fixed code length of 4 digits, and fixed length code marking of capacitance values with up to 2 significant digits, hence a fixed code length of 3 digits;
- introduction of two new clauses, Clause 6, Coding of properties specific to capacitors and Clause 7, Coding of properties specific to resistors;
- introduction of Annex A, Special three character coding of resistance value with three significant numerals.
The contents of the corrigendum of December 2016 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 40 - Capacitors and resistors for electronic equipmentrss|
|ICS||31.020 - Electronic components in general|
|File size||1763 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.