Medical electrical equipment - Part 2-62: Particular requirements for the basic safety and essential performance of high intensity therapeutic ultrasound (HITU) equipment
- therapeutic equipment for thrombolysis through exposure to high-intensity therapeutic ultrasound;
- therapeutic equipment for the treatment of occluding feeding vessels through exposure to high-intensity focused ultrasound;
- and equipment intended to be used for relieving cancer pain due to bone metastases.
This particular standard does not apply to
- Ultrasound Equipment intended to be used for physiotherapy (use IEC 60601-2-5 and IEC 61689);
- Ultrasound Equipment intended to be used for lithotripsy (use IEC 60601-2-36);
- Ultrasound Equipment intended to be used for dedicated hyperthermia devices; and
- Ultrasound Equipment intended to be used for phacoemulsification.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 62/SC 62D - Electromedical equipmentrss|
|ICS||11.040.01 - Medical equipment in general|
17.140.50 - Electroacoustics
|File size||2036 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.