High-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 102: Alternating current disconnectors and earthing switches
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2001, Amendment 1:2011 and Amendment 2:2013. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- new numbering according to IEC 17/1025/RQ to harmonize with ISO/IEC Directives, Part 2, and IEEE Std. C37.100.1;
- clause numbering has been aligned with IEC 62271-1:2017;
- the Scope has been extended to cover all indoor and outdoor installations. Consideration of switching devices having disconnecting and/or earthing switch functionalities, apart from other functions, are also covered by this document;
- ratings have been moved from Annexes B, C and E to Clause 5; the order of the subclauses now corresponds to the order of subclauses in Clause 7;
- new rating values for bus-transfer current and bus-transfer voltage have been assigned;
- new class of mechanical endurance for earthing switches has been added (M1);
- subclause "Rated values of electrical endurance for earthing switches" is now called "Classification of earthing switches for short-circuit making capability";
- new subclause with ratings for ice-coating has been added;
- new subclause with classification of bus-charging switching capability has been added;
- new withstand requirements for interlocking devices have been added;
- the way to comply with the requirements of the isolating distance of disconnectors has been modified;
- design and construction requirements for position-indicating devices have been modified, aligning the requirements for position indication and signalling;
- the value of the operating force has been changed;
- the test procedures and validation criteria have been revised and modified where necessary;
- requirements for applied voltage during single-phase test on non-simultaneous closing earthing switches have been changed;
- non-verifiable requirements have been deleted;
- a new subclause has been added for testing mechanical interlocking devices;
- the high- and low-temperature test is mandatory if the temperature limits for the service conditions of the apparatus (defined by the manufacturer) are above +40 °C or below −5 °C, and a more detailed testing procedure is given;
- the testing procedure to verify the proper functioning of the position-indicating device allows a more practicable testing for every technology used;
- a new Annex B has been added with title: "Current-switching capability required of disconnectors and earthing switches";
- a new Annex C has been added with title: "Tolerances on test quantities for type tests";
- a new Annex E has been added with title: "Extension of validity of type tests".
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 17/SC 17A - Switching devicesrss|
|ICS||29.130.10 - High voltage switchgear and controlgear
29.130.99 - Other switchgear and controlgear
|File size||3946 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.