Insulation coordination for equipment within low-voltage systems - Part 1: Principles, requirements and tests
- through liquid insulation,
- through gases other than air,
- through compressed air.
Main changes have been made with respect to the previous edition:
- Amendment of Japanese mains conditions with regard to the rated impulse voltages, the rationalized voltages and the nominal voltages of supply systems for different modes of overvoltage control
- Amendment of dimensioning of clearances smaller than 0,01 mm
- Alignment of the table and the corresponding formula regarding test voltages for verifying clearances at different altitudes
- Amendment of interpolation of the creepage distance values for functional insulation
- Amendment of creepage distance dimensioning taking into account ribs
- Revision of the former Clause 4 "Tests and measurements" (now Clause 6) to achieve a more detailed description of the tests and their purpose, the test equipment and possible alternatives
- Change of Annex C "Partial discharge test methods" from a former technical report, Type 2 (now called TS), to a normative Annex C. It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 104.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 109 - Insulation co-ordination for low-voltage equipmentrss|
|ICS||29.080.30 - Insulation systems|
|File size||2028 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.