Standard data element types with associated classification scheme - Part 1: Definitions - Principles and methods
- support of advanced constructs such as
· conditions and constraints,
· generic and restricted enumerations, and
- extended list of data types;
- harmonization with IEC 62656-1;
- support of IEC TS 62720 and of coded units;
- harmonization of semantic and administrative data among the various information objects;
- use of UML for data modelling;
- enhanced definitions and descriptions;
- introduction of examples of higher level constructs such as block, cardinality, or polymorphism as guidance for the user of the IEC 61360 series.
IEC 61360-4, IEC reference collection of standard data element types and component classes, can be accessed from IEC CDD (Common Data Dictionary) Free access to Database. The database contains the IEC reference collection of classes and associated characteristic properties (data element types or DETs) of electric/electronic components including materials, geometry and features used in electrotechnical equipment and systems. The dictionary and database follow the methodology of Part 1 of IEC 61360 and the information model of Part 2.
IEC 61360-1:2017 has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 108.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 3/SC 3D - Classes, Properties and Identification of products - Common Data Dictionary (CDD)rss|
|ICS||31.020 - Electronic components in general|
|File size||11084 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.