Standard data element types with associated classification scheme - Part 1: Definitions - Principles and methods
AbstractIEC 61360-1:2017 specifies principles for the definition of the properties and associated attributes and explains the methods for representing verbally defined concepts with appropriate data constructs available from IEC 61360-2. It also specifies principles for establishing a hierarchy of classification from a collection of classes, each of which represents a technical concept in the electrotechnical domain or a domain related to electrotechnology. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2009. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- support of advanced constructs such as
· conditions and constraints,
· generic and restricted enumerations, and
- extended list of data types;
- harmonization with IEC 62656-1;
- support of IEC TS 62720 and of coded units;
- harmonization of semantic and administrative data among the various information objects;
- use of UML for data modelling;
- enhanced definitions and descriptions;
- introduction of examples of higher level constructs such as block, cardinality, or polymorphism as guidance for the user of the IEC 61360 series.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 3/SC 3D - Product properties and classes and their identificationrss|
|ICS||31.020 - Electronic components in general|
|File size||10777 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.