Determination of RF field strength, power density and SAR in the vicinity of radiocommunication base stations for the purpose of evaluating human exposure
- considers intentionally radiating RBS which transmit on one or more antennas using one or more frequencies in the range 110 MHz to 100 GHz;
- considers the impact of ambient sources on RF exposure at least in the 100 kHz to 300 GHz frequency range;
- specifies the methods to be used for RF exposure evaluation for compliance assessment applications, namely:
- product compliance - determination of compliance boundary information for an RBS product before it is placed on the market;
- product installation compliance - determination of the total RF exposure levels in accessible areas from an RBS product and other relevant sources before the product is put into service;
- in-situ RF exposure assessment – measurement of in-situ RF exposure levels in the vicinity of an RBS installation after the product has been taken into operation;
- describes several RF field strength and SAR measurement and computation methodologies with guidance on their applicability to address both the in-situ evaluation of installed RBS and laboratory-based evaluations;
- describes how surveyors, with a sufficient level of expertise, establish their specific evaluation procedures appropriate for their evaluation purpose;
- provides guidance on how to report, interpret and compare results from different evaluation methodologies and, where the evaluation purpose requires it, determine a justified decision against a limit value and
- provides short descriptions of the informative example case studies given in the companion Technical Report IEC TR 62669 
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2011 and constitutes a technical revision.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 106 - Methods for the assessment of electric, magnetic and electromagnetic fields associated with human exposurerss|
|ICS||13.280 - Radiation protection
17.240 - Radiation measurements
|File size||5344 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.