IEC TS 62600-300:2019
Marine energy - Wave, tidal and other water current converters - Part 300: Electricity producing river energy converters - Power performance assessment
· A systematic methodology for evaluating the power performance of river current energy converters (RECs) that produce electricity for utility scale and localized grids;
· A definition of river energy converter rated capacity and rated water speed;
· A methodology for the production of power curves for the river energy converters in consideration; and
· A framework for the reporting of results.
Exclusions from the scope of this document are as follows:
· RECs that provide forms of energy other than electrical energy unless the other form is an intermediary step that is converted into electricity by the river energy converter;
· Resource assessment, that will be addressed separately in the River Energy Resource Assessment Technical Specification;
· Scaling of any measured or derived results;
· Power quality issues;
· Any type of performance other than power and energy performance; and
· The combined effect of multiple river energy converter arrays.
|Publication type||Technical Specification|
|TC/SC||TC 114 - Marine energy - Wave, tidal and other water current convertersrss|
|ICS||27.140 - Hydraulic energy engineering|
|File size||2706 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.