Mobile and fixed offshore units - Electrical installations - Part 3: Equipment
It applies to all installations, whether permanent, temporary, transportable or hand-held, to AC installations and DC installations without any voltage level limitation. Referenced equipment standards may give voltage level limitations.
This document specifies requirements such as those concerning
– enclosures, with regard to material, marking (nameplates and labels), ventilation, earthing, EMC and short-circuit rating of components, and
– specific requirements related to use in an offshore unit, such as
• generators and motors,
• switchgear and control gear assemblies,
• instrumentation of power sources,
• semiconductor converters,
• secondary cells and batteries,
• communication equipment,
• control and instrumentation, and
• accessories for accommodation and similar areas.
This document does not apply to
– fixed equipment for medical purposes,
– electrical installations of tankers, and
– control of ignition sources other than those created by electrical equipment.
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2012. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the previous voltage limitations have been removed;
b) Clause 4 has been completely rewritten, giving general requirements as to relevant electrical equipment;
c) requirements concerning pyrotechnic fault current limiters have been added;
d) requirements as to gas insulated switchgear have been added;
e) the requirement concerning the isolation of supply to galley has been moved to IEC 61892-2;
f) requirements concerning control and instrumentation have been rewritten, based on changes in IEC 61892-2.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 18 - Electrical installations of ships and of mobile and fixed offshore unitsrss|
|ICS||47.020.60 - Electrical equipment of ships and of marine structures|
|File size||2255 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.