Vacuum cleaners and dust extractors providing equipment protection level Dc for the collection of combustible dusts - Particular requirements
Note: a more recent version of this publication exists
IEC 62784:2017+AMD1:2019 CSV
This includes dust extractors, for wet suction or dry suction, intended for commercial indoor use with or without attachments, to collect combustible dust in an explosive dust atmosphere.
The requirements for the construction and testing covered by this document are applied in addition to the requirements for commercial and industrial vacuum cleaners in IEC 60335-2-69.
This document supplements and modifies the requirements of IEC 60079-0. Whenever a requirement of this standard is in conflict with a requirement of IEC 60079-0 the requirement of this standard will take precedence.
The following power systems are covered:
- mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
This document does not cover specific hazards associated with extreme ambient temperatures (less than –20 °C or higher than 40 °C) unless otherwise marked by the manufacturer as given in IEC 60079-0. The temperatures shall not exceed the temperature range of –20 °C to +60 °C.
This document does not cover motorized cleaning heads for which additional requirements are under consideration.
This document does not apply to:
- back-pack vacuum cleaners;
- vacuum cleaners with a traction drive;
- vacuum cleaners and water-suction cleaning appliances for household use (IEC 60335-2-2);
- floor treatment machines for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-67, IEC 60335-2-72);
- spray extraction machines for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-68);
- hand-held mains-operated electrical garden blowers, vacuums and blower vacuums (IEC 60335-2-100);
- hand-held and transportable motor-operated electric tools (IEC 62841 series);
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601-1);
- machines designed for use in corrosive environments;
- machines designed for picking up flammable liquids;
- machines designed for use in explosive environments due to the presence of explosive substances or pyrotechnical products, or unstable chemical substances.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 61/SC 61J - Electrical motor-operated cleaning appliances for commercial userss|
|ICS||97.080 - Cleaning appliances|
|File size||1038 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.