Environmental testing - Part 2-52: Tests - Test Kb: Salt mist, cyclic (sodium chloride solution)
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60068-2-52:2017 RLV
AbstractNEW!IEC 60068-2-52:2017 is available as IEC 60068-2-52:2017 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.IEC 60068-2-52:2017 specifies the application of the cyclic salt mist test to components or equipment designed to withstand a salt-laden atmosphere as salt can degrade the performance of parts manufactured using metallic and/or non-metallic materials. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 1996. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- the entire content has been harmonized with ISO 9227 as far as possible;
- an introduction has been added;
- the scope has been simplified;
- normative references have been updated;
- the general description of the test has been changed;
- a dry chamber has been added to the test apparatus;
- severities have been changed to test methods;
- test methods 7 and 8 have been added;
- information on the test report has been added;
- Figure 1 has been changed to Table 1;
- a typical test apparatus example has been added in a new Annex A;
- a description of each test method has been added in a new Annex B;
- bibliographical references have been added.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 104 - Environmental conditions, classification and methods of testrss|
|ICS||19.040 - Environmental testing|
|File size||1104 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.