Dielectric and resistive properties of solid insulating materials - Part 3-4: Determination of resistive properties (DC methods) - Volume resistance and volume resistivity at elevated temperatures
This edition of IEC 62631-3-4 cancels and replaces IEC 60345 “Method of test for electrical resistance and resistivity of insulating materials at elevated temperatures”, published in 1971. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC 60345:
- The revised standard becomes part of the series IEC 62631-3-x. Title of the standard is changed and adapted to the series as Part 3-4.
- Clauses 2 "Normative references", 3 "Terms and definitions", and 4 "Significance" are added.
- Subclauses 5.2 "Power supply, Voltage", 126.96.36.199 "Number of test specimens" and 188.8.131.52 "Conditioning and pre-treatment of test specimens" are added.
- In 5.3.5 "Special precautions during measurements", errors analysis in the measurement of current are modified, and aligned with IEC 62631-3-1.
- In 6.2 "Increasing the temperature by steps (method B)", the method for more than one specimen is removed.
- The standard atmospheric conditions for testing and conditioning, especially the temperature, are replaced according to IEC 60212.
- The circuit diagram of test apparatus is modified, and the structure diagram and pictures of test apparatus are added in Annex A.
- The orders of part clauses are adjusted.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 112 - Evaluation and qualification of electrical insulating materials and systemsrss|
|ICS||17.220.99 - Other standards related to electricity and magnetism|
29.035.01 - Insulating materials in general
|File size||2379 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.