IEC PAS 62840-3:2021
Electric vehicle battery swap system - Part 3: Particular safety and interoperability requirements for battery swap systems operating with removable RESS/battery systems
This document applies to battery swap systems for removable RESS/EV where the removable RESS/EV is stored for the purpose of transfer power between the battery swap station and removable RESS/EV.
Requirements for bidirectional energy transfer DC to AC are under consideration and are not part of this document.
This document applies to:
– battery swap systems supplied from on-site storage systems (for example buffer batteries etc;
– manual, mechanically assisted and automatic systems);
– battery swap systems intended to supply removable battery systems having communication allowing to identify the battery system characteristics;
– battery swap systems intended to be installed at an altitude of up to 2 000 m.
The aspects covered in this document include:
– requirements for power transfer between the battery systems;
– additional requirements for communication;
– the connection to supply network.
Additional requirements may apply to special locations.
This document does not apply to:
– safety requirements for mechanical equipment covered by ISO 10218 (all parts);
– locking compartments systems providing AC socket-outlets for the use of manufacturer specific voltage converter units and manufacturer specific battery systems;
– safety aspects related to maintenance;
– electrical devices and components which are covered by their specific product standards;
– trolley buses, rail vehicles;
– any on-board equipment which is covered by ISO;
– EMC requirements for on-board equipment while connected to the supply, which are covered by IEC 61851-21-1.
Requirements for battery swap systems using protective measures as covered by 410 of IEC 60364-4-41:2005 other than double or reinforced insulation are under consideration.
|Publication type||Publicly Available Specification|
|TC/SC||TC 69 - Electrical power/energy transfer systems for electrically propelled road vehicles and industrial trucksrss|
|ICS||43.120 - Electric road vehicles|
|File size||2021 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.