Low-voltage electrical installations - Part 5-56: Selection and erection of electrical equipment - Safety services
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60364-5-56:2018 RLV
1) Modifications to normative references and terms and definitions.
2) Under electrical circuits for safety services, addition of requirements concerning circuit and overcurrent protection in order to maintain reliability of safety service power supplies under fire conditions.
3) Under electrical circuits for safety services, addition of requirements stating that circuits for safety services are not to be protected by RCDs or AFDDs.
4) Under emergency lighting applications, addition of requirements to prevent emergency lighting systems being adversely affected by any control system.
5) Addition of requirements for all emergency luminaires in the area to provide full design light output in the event of any final circuit failure.
6) Addition of a new Annex D (informative): Fire switch.
7) Addition of a new Annex E (informative): Example of installation methods of safety services with cable management system.
8) Addition of a new Annex F (informative): Wiring systems.
9) Addition of a new Annex G (informative): Guidance on suitable locations for electrical sources for safety services.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 64 - Electrical installations and protection against electric shockrss|
|ICS||91.140.50 - Electricity supply systems|
|File size||855 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.