Optical fibre cables - Part 1-2: Generic specification - Basic optical cable test procedures - General guidance
Table 1 – Document overview
|Test methods||IEC reference|
|General guidance||IEC 60794-1-2|
|Methods E – Mechanical||IEC 60794-1-21|
|Methods F – Environmental||IEC 60794-1-22|
|Methods G – Cable elements||IEC 60794-1-23|
|Methods H – Electrical||IEC 60794-1-24|
|NOTE Several numbers in the test method numbering sequence are missing. The reasons for these omissions are historical. To avoid confusion, the existing numbering sequence has been retained.|
- the multiple cross-reference tables have been deleted and replaced with a higher level one related to the generic standards;
- all pertinent text from IEC 60794-1-20 has been included;
- standard optical test wavelengths have been introduced;
- this document has been streamlined by cross-referencing IEC 60794-1-1;
- the "No change in attenuation" definitions contained in IEC 60794-1-20 have been transferred to IEC 60794-1-1;
- the title has been modified to reflect the contents of the new edition.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60794-1-1:2015.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.