Optical fibre cables - Part 1-22: Generic specification - Basic optical cable test procedures - Environmental test methods
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60794-1-22:2017 RLV
IEC 60794-1-22:2017 defines test procedures to be used in establishing uniform requirements for the environmental performance of:
- optical fibre cables for use with telecommunication equipment and devices employing similar techniques, and
- cables having a combination of both optical fibres and electrical conductors.
Throughout this document, the wording "optical cable" can also include optical fibre units, microduct fibre units, etc. See IEC 60794-1-2 for a reference guide to test methods of all types and for general requirements and definitions. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2012. It constitutes a technical revision. This second edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- new test method designation F16 – Compound flow (drip) [E14 in IEC 60794-1-21];
- new test method F17 – Cable shrinkage test (fibre protrusion);
- new test method F18 – Mid-span temperature cycling test.
Keywords: optical fibre cables for use with telecommunication equipment
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.