Test on gases evolved during combustion of materials from cables - Part 1: Determination of the halogen acid gas content
Note: a more recent version of this publication exists
IEC 60754-1:2011+AMD1:2019 CSV
- improved definition of safety requirements relating to capture of gases and use of reagents;
- introduction of guidance on preparation of test specimens for a more even combustion;
- improvements to the procedure for establishing the heating regime;
- improved expression of tolerances and precision;
- definition of the procedure for the blank test;
- introduction of an informative annex giving details of a methodology for the determination of the halogen acid gas content of a sample representative of a cable construction.
The contents of the corrigendum of November 2013 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 20 - Electric cablesrss|
|ICS||13.220.40 - Ignitability and burning behaviour of materials and products|
29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
29.060.20 - Cables
|File size||1495 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.