Communication networks and systems for power utility automation - Part 8-2: Specific communication service mapping (SCSM) - Mapping to Extensible Messaging Presence Protocol (XMPP)
NOTE Client/server services of GOOSE and SMV models are mapped as well.
For the client/server services, the principle is to map the objects and services of the ACSI (Abstract Communication Service Interface defined in IEC 61850-7-2) to XML messages transported over XMPP. The mapping description includes mainly three aspects:
• The usage of the XMPP protocol itself, describing in details which features are really used and how they are used by the mapping.
• How to achieve end-to-end secured communications.
• The description of the XML payloads corresponding to each ACSI service thanks in particular to the XML Schema and XML message examples.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 57 - Power systems management and associated information exchangerss|
|ICS||33.200 - Telecontrol. Telemetering|
|File size||9395 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
- Blog post: how IEC 61850 standards remain ahead of the game
- Article: digital twins and the smart grid
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.