Optical fibres - Part 1-20: Measurement methods and test procedures - Fibre geometry
- the reference test method for all fibre types is changed to the video grey scale transmitted near field method from the refracted near field method;
- the test lengths for all fibre types are now to be specified in the fibre's detail specification;
- the core illumination wavelength for all multimode fibre types may now to be specified in the fibre's detail specification although defaults are given;
- the core k-factor (decision level) is now to be specified in the detail specification for all multimode fibre types;
- this edition is substantially more specific in describing the measurement;
- data reduction and transformation is fully described;
- the data reduction methodology for both refracted near-field and transmitted near-field methods are now unified and consistent. Keywords: measuring the geometrical characteristics of uncoated optical fibres The contents of the corrigendum of March 2016 have been included in this copy.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.